GREEK YOGURT PANCAKES
Simple and fluffy, wholesome greek yogurt pancakes you possibly can whip up in a rush!
Oh pancakes. How pretty you’re very first thing within the morning. Or any time of day for that matter. I’ve no disgrace in devouring a stack at 7:13 pm for dinner.
After I first began actually embracing the entire thought of breakfast (it solely took me til my faculty years – shameful, I do know.) I discovered a recipe someplace on-line for single serving greek yogurt pancakes and I made them for weeks in a row. However right here’s a model for a multi-serving batch of tremendous fluffy and wholesome greek yogurt pancakes.
You may add diced strawberries or blueberries to the batter for a fruity twist and I like swapping out the vanilla extract for almond as an alternative. Ohhhhh I like almond flavored pancakes, particularly with some heat maple syrup drizzled on high. Or served on the aspect for dunking. However after I’m making an attempt to make “more healthy” consuming decisions, I attempt to go mild on the syrup and giving myself a complete dipping bowl of it just about diminishes my resolve to a giant fats zero.
I simply can’t resist. I need to dip, dunk, and smother every time doable.
But when maple isn’t your factor, I’ve tried boysenberry and strawberry and so they have been each insanely scrumptious so choose no matter you want greatest and roll with it.
Now let’s all stare at this beautiful steam of drippy gooey syrup we could??
Prepare dinner time
RECIPE TYPE: BREAKFAST
- 1½ cups all goal flour (or complete wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optionally available, I like the additional contact of sweetness however they’re more healthy in the event you depart it out)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or ½ teaspoon almond extract)
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt (or vanilla greek yogurt)
- ¾ cup milk (I used fats free half & half)
- topping strategies: syrup, powdered sugar, honey, fruit, and so forth
- Preheat a pan or griddle to 325 (medium warmth). Whisk collectively flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. In one other bowl, combine oil, eggs, vanilla, and greek yogurt.
- Add dry components to moist components and stir. Stir in milk till all components are mixed – don’t over combine, there ought to nonetheless be a number of lumps.
- Grease griddle and pour ¼ – ⅓ cup batter onto the griddle. Permit to prepare dinner for about 2 minutes or till edges start to look “dry” and bubbles type within the batter. Use a skinny spatula to flip the pancake over and permit to prepare dinner for a mom minute. Switch to a platter and proceed with remaining batter.
- Prime pancakes with desired toppings equivalent to syrup, powdered sugar, honey, and fruit.